|The original RSI
In my opinion, Welles Wilder RSI (Relative Strength Index) is a great momentum oscillator that works fine for small periods values (from 2 to 20).The proposed RSI
The main idea of the proposed RSI is better detect the signal overbought/oversold situations using larger periods for better trend detection in any timeframe.
For this, I did some changes to it performe as good for greater periods, like 120, introducing a gain variable.
So, if you use 120 period in original Wilder RSI, you can inject a gain to see the graph as well as small periods.
– period: original RSI period
– gain: gain injected for greater periods better visualization
Example 1: the advantage of larger periods using Wilder RSI gain injection in EUR/USD H1
– in the graph we have the two indicators comparison: Wilder RSI (blue) x Figurelli RSI (red)
– our target is better detect signal points  and 
– note that original RSI with period 14 detects points  and  are almost the same, but points  and  are very differents
– in Figurelli RSI with period 120 and gain 10, we can see points  and  that better detect the signal overbought/oversold situations
Example 2: the advantage of larger periods using Wilder RSI gain injection in EUR/USD D1
– same as example 1, in the graph we have the two indicators comparison: Wilder RSI (blue) x Figurelli RSI (red)
– our target is better detect signal points ,  and 
– note that for Wilder RSI point  is oversold, while in Figurelli RSI point  is oversold
– if you use gain 1 the Figurelli RSI will be equal to Wilder RSI
– if you increase your period, tries to increase the gain, so for 120 period you can try gain 10 to better see the great Wilder RSI visibility even in greater periods